About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Monday, November 29, 2010

30 Days of Giving- Day 29!

Hey! :) Today is day 29 of this awesome daily blog hop hosted by Jill over at The Scrapoholic and it's my turn again! :D I thought for my project today, I would make a homemade 8x8 planner! (I'm also including a link to my previous project which was earlier this month!) Day 5

I don't know about you, but every New Year's my top 2 resolutions are always 1) lose weight (duh!) and 2) get organized! I've done good with my first one, losing 70lbs this past year, but I can never seem to get organized. So this upcoming year is MY year! LOL. And while I love all the cute and girly planners out there, I figured I might as well put my Cinch and Imagine to good use and make myself one but these would also make GREAT gifts to give out to anybody! :)



Tools needed for this planner:
Cinch
2 8x8 chipboard covers
Imagine
Paperbag for pockets
Jewels
patterned paper for decoration

What I did for the title was I cut out a decorative square from my Imagine at 5" and 4.5" for the brown one. I then cut out 2011 from Don Juan at 2" and I embossed the numbers in light pink. I then adhered jewels all around the edges using my iRock and added some ribbon to the wire. Yes, there is no black in my cover but I chose black ribbon to go along with my pink because that is my favorite color combo! (:D)



The inside calendar pages were used using my Imagine and Designer Calendar cartridge. I cut the pages out to 8x8 and printed my calendar grid (did not cut!) on both sides. I also printed out the months at the top so that I didn't have to do any cutting. :)



And lastly, I cut up a paper bag to 6" and used it as a "pocket" to hold notes and adhered Terrifically Tacky Tape to some post it notes so that I could use those in my planner and also, I could use that pocket to leave emergency info or contact information should I ever hire a babysitter :)



And that's it! I hope you all are having a great Holiday season! Feel free to comment below and let me know any homemade items you've made, I'm always looking for inspiration! :D

14 comments:

  1. I'm sure you're a lot more organized than you think! Beautiful project! (There is a tut for a card planner on splitcoast stampers that turns out gorgeous too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! This would be a GREAT gift. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cut idea. Thanks for sharing. Check out my blog, I turned kitchen towels into some cute apron's for the little ladies in my family.
    ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! I so need one of these to be more organized! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job - I love it!! HAHAHA - we share the same resolutions and I have not followed through on either yet. Maybe this will be my year too.

    Jenny Kozar

    ReplyDelete
  6. really love your calendar ideal it adorable and has alot of uses...
    The Scrapbooking Queen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the project!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute project and idea girlfriend !!! love the bling too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wish I could say I have made something lately...spending too much time on the computer and trying to get things Christmasy around here. Thank You for being in the hop. Your project looks great. Thank You for the chances to win great prizes.
    quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a spectacular idea! I love it.

    danadbrown at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Great!!! I love it! -Sam :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So...how did you manage to lose the 70 lbs??? Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a super organizer! It's so important to have something like this when you've got kids to keep track of too. What a great way to keep organized! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete