About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Simple learning layout.

My two oldest sons, who are 4 and 5, have autism. It is something that I don't think any parent is ever prepared to go through or envisions their child having but God has BLESSED me with two of the most amazing little boys on the face of the Earth. (I'm a little biased cause I'm their mom! hehe ;) They have both been attending all day classes at our local elementary school and have come so far in a little less than a year. My oldest son Jake didn't know how to form sentences this time last summer but now you can't get him to be quiet! lol. And i'm fine with that because I never thought I would hear him talk! =) My youngest son Brad (who I will feature in a layout sometime this week) still doesn't talk, but his eye contact is improving and he said his little sister's name a few days ago! Believe me, it's the little things that count! =)

Anyways, I have been working with my oldest son on writing his alphabet and making sure he doesn't forget what he's learned and I took pics of him learning how to write 'A' and trying to color in the lines. We still have a way to go but he did it!

For this simple layout I used the "All about Boys" paper stack for the patterned paper and ripped yellow and red cardstock for "semi" borders. I then inked the edges and used Plantin School book for the title. (Oh and the little notebook page is from Locker Talk cut at 3") Not complicated but I think it gets the job done. :)

2 comments:

  1. That is such a great story! So glad you were able to incorporate it into a layout for you all to look back at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great story, thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete