About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sewing!

Uh oh! I have found a new hobby! LOL...SEWING!! :) I bought myself a sewing machine this weekend that i've had my eye on and I haven't turned back! I have managed to make my daughter a small nursery blanket, my son a Lightning McQueen blanket, some shorts made out of a t-shirt for my son Bradley (WITH elastic!) and a tutu for Julianne! PHEEEW! And I just started on Saturday night! :) Who knew that there was so much stuff you could make yourself?? My next goal is curtains but for today, I think i'm gonna make myself a small drawstring bag. I'm going to Disneyland in 2 weeks and I need a small bag to carry some of my stuff. I don't have anything "scrapbook" related today, but I wanted to show you my new "Sewing" projects! :D





5 comments:

  1. Wow... I don't know how you got that all done! Everything looks awesome!! :) I have had a sewing machine for a couple of years and have yet to use it! :( I get a lot of grief about it from my DH. Did you already know how to sew, or did you pick it up that quickly??? (I don't know how at all, so I think I am too imtimidated to try!)
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, you are addicted!!!! Problem with sewing is that it takes as much room as the scrapbooking stuff! But I love quilting too. Would not give it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! I just started playing with my sewing machine too but you've gotten SOOO much done. I'm going to make curtains tomorrow night.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Alma everything looks great!! I Love to use my sewing machine. I've done curtains, bibs and even my wedding veils. I plan on making some summer shirts for my daughter. Its so much fun! Cant wait to see what else you make.

    Veronica
    mommyscraftycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alma. Great Job!!!! Did you use the cricut for the shapes on your Daughters blankie? That one took alot of work it looks like.

    ReplyDelete