About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Friday, June 17, 2011

Cars- Canvas wall hangings

I don't know about all of you guys, but my family is Cars crazy! My son Jacob has been obsessed with Lightning McQueen since he was about 3 1/2 years old (just around the time when the first movie had come out) and to this day, he is a fan and now his little brother and sister are fans too! So as most of you know, the new Cars 2 movie comes out next week and of course, it has been non stop talk about it at my house so in honor of that (and per Jacob's request) we decided to just add some small details to their room and to finally, after 2 years, get some wall hangings up.

I caught a video on Youtube (i'm sorry, I can't remember who!) and she had made a quick wall hanging with art canvas (I believe she made hers Hello Kitty) and I thought it was so cute so of course I had to try it out! I bought a 2 pack of the 8x10 canvas (they were on sale for $3.89 for the pack!) and since I already had modge podge and papers I didn't have to buy anything else. I applied modge podge to the canvas, then layed my background cardstock (adding an inch to the sides to fold down), layed another coat of modge podge, characters on top and applied another coat of modge podge over it. I glued 1/2" ribbon around the edges to give it a finished look and about 12" of ribbon to use to hang. That's it! Super easy and all in all, it cost me $1.94 per hanging! Can't beat that!

The characters are a PAIN.IN.THE.BOOTY. to cut and i'll be honest with you, this is the first time i've been successful in cutting them out. Trick I've learned is that you have to lower your pressure to High, and speed to 3 and cut them at bigger sizes. These are cut at 7 1/2". Oh and if you can, try to use a new blade for better cuts.

Side View:


7 comments:

  1. Super, Super cute! I feel your pain with making those car cuts. I did a post using my Cricut Cake machine and the cars cartridge...and oh boy! What a day that was!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome:)

    Stop by my blog for our Father's Day Blog Hop:)
    Myself and a couple of others are giving away some fun Blog Candy:)
    http://chatterscene-mom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those turned out soooo CUTE Alma! What a great decor project and so cheap too! gotta LOVE that! :o)
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just adorable! Be sure to link up your project to my home decor listings as today is the last day to feature your project. This is the link http://shesasassylady.blogspot.com/2011/06/gypsy-made-simple-home-decor-item.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great project!! Aren't those cuts tough? I just did some for our son's bday. I have a blog award for you over at my blog!
    hellocutiecrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete