About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, July 28, 2012

Minnie Mouse T-shirt

OMG, 2 posts in one week? I'm on a roll! LOL

As some of you know, we are taking our kids to Disneyland in October and we are SO excited because this will be Julie's first trip out there! She is such a HUGE Mickey and Minnie fan (As well as princesses) so I know it will be so worth it!

I love Pinterest and the other day I saw someone had pinned a post about a Minnie t-shirt made from applique that was zebra print and of course I knew I had to scraplift it! The awesome thing about accumulating and HOARDING so much crafting material is that you sometimes have all the supplies you need for a project therefore, in my mind, making it almost free! (hahaha) :) To make this shirt, all I had to do was buy the shirt from Walmart ($3.88) since I had the heat transfer vinyl already I was good to go!

To me, heat transfer vinyl is soooo much easier to use that regular vinyl because it already comes with backing material, eliminating the transfer tape step :) I used the zebra iron on from Hobby Lobby (I found it in the t-shirt aisle) and it's iron on material that you can cut on your die cut machine! SO ADORABLE! I think they have zebra, pink polka dot, etc. The glitter is the heat vinyl transfer and it stuck like a charm :)

Now, the only thing I have left to do is stitch around the edges so that I can make sure it is secure and she is good to wear it for her first day at Disneyland :) If anyone wants or needs step by step instructions, let me know and I will be happy to make a video showing you how to make your own shirt! :)


Close up! Don't you just love zebra print? Augh, I can never get enough! :)

Have a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment