About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Shaped Mini Album- Silhouette

I seem to do my best crafting when i'm EXHAUSTED (or when i've taken some zzzQuil) but for some reason when i'm about to go to sleep, that seems to be when my brain starts coming up with ideas :)

So last night as i'm dozing up, I start to wonder if there was a way I could make a Shaped Mini album (My daughter has me ALL over the Minnie Mouse that I almost wrote it "Minnie Album!" hehehe ;) with clip art and therefore eliminating all those tiny little layers and cuts. So I got onto my Silhouette software and started designing what would now become this: 


Isn't this ADORABLE?? My very first shape album too! 
This album measures 4.75x9 so it's small but oh soooo cute :)

I knew that with Silhouette we could make a shadow out of ANYTHING and so I figured, well, if I could make a shadow with my clip art, then I should be able to weld to make a book and I was RIGHT! Once you get the hang of it, this book is super easy to make and the best part? Is that you can do this with ANY clip art image out there! So my next book will be a Strawberry Shortcake book for princess :)

I posted this up on my FB page and I got soooo many requests for a tutorial so I made a video today on how to do this (in the video I use Hello Kitty clip art). The video is a little long (15 minutes) but I tried to cover everything needed :) I was kind of trying to hurry as I was running late for date night so I hope it's easy to understand, if you have any questions feel free to message me! :)



And yes- I have gotten requests for a Cricut version as well so tomorrow, I will be working with CCR. Now with CCR (or Cricut in general) you can't use Clip art images but this will work with any images with a shadow base. I'll figure something out! :)

Hope you all had a GREAT weekend and if you do make a book I'd LOVE to be able to see! :)) 

5 comments:

  1. thank you so much for this tutorial i am so new at this.. your an awesome teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Alma this mini album is the best! I just love it and think you did a awesome job of it. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome. its so amazing. im going to try this today. very new to cameo but ur tutorial is really easy to follow. just two questions. did u cut the album directly on card stock or something else and then glued another paper on it? and second how did u join the pages?

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sorry i couldnt post using any of the accounts so if u would please reply to me on my email add salehakashif@hotmai.com that would be great.

    ReplyDelete