About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Fibromyalgia Blog Hop

Hey guys! Thanks for joining us today on our Fibromyalgia Blog Hop! I was asked by a sweet friend Alice to participate and I am excited to bring at least some kind of awareness so if you'd like to start from the beginning, please visit her blog at http://giagarcianewlifenewbeginning.blogspot.com/.  **I tried SO hard to link that but Blogger is not letting me** I'll admit, I have heard of some of my friends talk about Fibromyalgia but never truly looked it up until recently. Just want to send my thoughts to all of you affected by this, I know how hard it can be but you guys are so strong for continuing your day to day lives :)

For my project I made a card using Art Philosophy for the shapes on my card and Pink Journey for my ribbon. The card base is 8 1/2 x 6 (it's pretty big!) and the cuts are cut at 4" for the ribbon and 5" for the shapes and 2" for the base of the "stamped" image. (It's really just Microsoft wording!). I then glued a bow to the middle, embossed the shape with my Tiny Dots folder and and faux stitched the edges. Fairly simple card but hopefully it brightens the day of whoever receives it ;)

For my blog candy I am giving away a Silhouette Cameo gift card! This is different than the other giveaway I have going on on a seperate post but all you have to do is just follow and comment on each of our blogs :)

Aren't those gems cute? I got them at Hobby Lobby! There is like a million in each pack haha :)


For the saying I cut out my "cut outs", then I used a text box in word, sized it accordingly and wrote out my texts. I then printed it and then used removable adhesive and placed my cut over the saying and ran it through my printer again. *Just realized my gems on the bottoms are a little  crooked, oh well* ;)

That's it! I hope you enjoyed my little card (remember, I am not a card maker! hehe)
You're next stop is Kimberly over at http://scrappingrookie.blogspot.com/ so you can see her adorable project :))

16 comments:

  1. Very pretty and a great way to show awareness.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Thanks for sharing how you did the text in the shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love gems! I will have to visit hobby lobby on our next road trip and find the big pkgs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. I use my Word program a lot to do my sentiments. Sure save money on stamps and room in the scrap room to store those stamps!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this idea! I have fibro and people really don't understand the illness. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card!! The gems are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card! Thanks for sharing and helping to spread awareness.
    <3 Pam
    MzLavr2sCreations@live.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card and I love that this disorder is being recognized. There are times and days when it is overwhelming but with encouragment from friends and family members and hops like this one, it makes me feel less isolated.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alma,

    Thank you su much for taking the challenge with me. I know you went out of your comfort zone to make this card (from pink to purple, and a card) Love everything about your card.

    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous, Alma! I do suffer severely from Fibro. It affects every second of my life unfortunately. Haven't been able to get out of bed and craft for days, in fact. Can be quite depressing! Thanks for your lovely project though and I'd love it if you would stop in and say hi. Look up fibromyalgia on my blog and you can read a bit about a real day in the life of a sufferer. ;)

    XO ~ Amy Jo (follower)
    amyjrockstar at gmail dot com
    http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your card Alma! It has that simple but classy look about it...:) Your message speaks loud and clear and gives an awareness to a much misunderstood disorder. So glad you were hopping with the girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice card, gently expressing the awareness. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a beautiful card and of course I love the colour purple. My hubby suffers from Fibromyalgia also. He has more bad days then good but we try and make the best of it. TFS your wonderful talent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so beautiful and a great way to show awareness. I suffer from fibromyalgia and I have found ways to cope with the pain from http://onlineceucredit.com/edu/social-work-ceus-pain. I hope this is helpful for others suffering from chronic pain.

    ReplyDelete