About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Birthday Rosette Button!

First off, I need to give credit to Tammy Skinner for this idea! =) I LOVE LOVE LOVE looking at these buttons at Michaels but figured it'd be so cool to make my own. Well, Tammy posted a quick tutorial on National Scrapbooking Day on them and i've been hooked!



What I did was took 2 12x2" strips of purple glittery cardstock and scored them at 1/2" on my Martha Stewart Scoreboard. I then folded it accordian style, glued them together (and if you see, I need to go back and reglue them) and then bunched it up in the middle to make the rosette part. I then cut a circle from my Imagine at 3 1/2", inked it and cut out the 25 from the Don Juan cartridge at 2 1/2". I ran the numbers through my Xyron and added glitter on top. Yay for bling! :)

I cut the outer scallop from my E2 using the Essentials cartridge already preloaded at 4" I believe (sorry, I forgot to write the measurements down!) and then took a bunch of my FAVORITE colored and patterned ribbon and hot glued it to the scallop before adhering the rosette and that's it! Sounds complicated but I promise it's not! So fun to make and now, I am going to wear it on my birthday which is in early June and I bet you can guess how old i'll be! ;)

I will post a birthday picture that day because I also plan on making a crown from the Once Upon a Princess cartridge and the wand as well. I'm still a teen at heart, luckily my husband puts up with my girliness! =)

Speaking of once Upon a Princess, I've decided that in order to challenge myself, I will be doing series on individual cartridges for awhile. The first cartridge i've chosen to "showcase" is my ALL TIME FAVORITE, Once Upon a Princess! LOVE this cart! Perfect for ANY princess in your life! Be on the lookout for that!

Oh and don't forget this weekend is Scrappin With My Bug's birthday blog hop! LOTS OF PRIZES and stops i'm SO excited! I love that girl! :)

Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment