About Me

My photo
I'm Alma, I'm the mother to 2 beautiful boys and a gorgeous little girl. I love God, scrapbooking, shoes, sunglasses, purses and shopping.

My Blog List

Weight Loss 2012

  • 8/1/12- 177.3
  • 8/8/12- 175.0

My Pinterest!

Follow Me on Pinterest

Proud Circle Member!

Grab my button!

Blog Hop
Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Recycled T-Shirt (Sewing)

I don't know about you but in my house, we have A LOT of old t shirts just lying around. It doesn't help that my dad is obsessed with skulls and anything "rock" so we have a lot of BLACK tees. LOL. So I was rearranging my bedroom today and decided that I would clean out some of my closet and I found all these skull t shirts that were given to me by my dad. Now, I LOVE skulls and punk fashion as much as the next person but those are mostly my dad's style so I figured I'd recycle them into something. I then went on pinterest and saw that someone had posted a tutorial on how to recycle tshirts and make them into shopping bags (or really any kind of bag you need!). The shirt I used was an extra large (THANKS DAD! :/) so it makes a big bag but you could always use smaller shirts to get smaller bags :) If you are interested i'm going to give you the link to the video on how to do it. I'm by NO MEANS a sewing expert (heck, i'm still in the beginning stages) so it's better you learn from someone who knows what they are talking about. lol

Tshirt bag tutorial



Now, I hemmed (is that the proper word?) the edges to give it a cleaner look but in the tutorial she just leaves it. I was afraid it might fray or unravel so I pinned it and finished it. How cute will these be in pink or any other kind of girly design? I'm thinking I need to bust out my iRock and bling this baby up! :)

1 comment: